Without the right external intervention, there will only very few people that will be able to stop alcohol addiction. Alcohol rehab facilities can provide these kind of people with the professional help they really need.
Alcohol rehabilitation facilities create a safer place for people who are addicted to alcohol. In overcoming the psychological and the physiological aspects of alcohol addiction, these rehab centers provide a very caring environment. The procedure in treating alcohol addiction includes detoxification and counseling, and most of the time, the support of fellow recovering addicts who are enrolled in the program as well.
The Process That Happens During Alcohol Rehabilitation Treatment
Patients who have a minimal thoughts on what occurs when on alcohol rehabilitation program are inclined to perform better in the program because they are more more comfortable when they come in the facility, therefore able to hit the ground running as far as their recovery is concerned.
Here is a list of some information that might help you in your preparation upon entering an alcohol rehabilitation program. This information are designed to give you an overview here view about the different parts of the alcohol rehabilitation process. These things will apply in one way or another even though every rehabilitation program has its uniqueness.
• Consultation and Diagnosis (Admissions) – This is the first step, also known as the admission process where one enters the facilities of an alcohol rehab center. This is where a warm and friendly admissions staff of the facility asks questions about the individual’s background and explains, in full detail, how the rehabilitation program goes. At the same time, it is also in this stage where the individual is free to ask questions about the program and what they are about to put their self into.
• Detox – the moment the individual is accepted in the program, he or she is then prepared for detox. Before one can begin getting the care as part of the alcohol rehabilitation program, he or she is required to go through the detoxification process first. Alcohol detox – sometimes called as drying out – is the phase where patients are freed from all of the harmful alcohol substances in their body. It is during this stage of the program where uncomfortable (and sometimes painful) withdrawal symptoms occur. With this reason, there is constantly a medical or a counseling professional in the team that will help the individual make it through.
• Counseling Process – counseling play an important role in each recovery program, and oftentimes, it is dubbed as the heart and the soul of the whole rehabilitation procedure. During counseling, recovering addicts work with counselors and their peers in order to cut to the heart of their problem and discover from each other strategies for staying sober. Alcoholism is a psychological addiction as much as it is a physical one, and through counseling, the patient will be able to address this aspect of the illness.
• The Aftercare Process – the moment the patient leaves the alcohol rehabilitation center, he or she is still likely to face challenges in terms of maintaining their sobriety. Everyday, there will be distractions and temptations. That is the reason why aftercare programs such as 12-step meetings, follow-up counseling and sober living help the patient make the full transition back into his or her daily life as smooth as possible.
• Health related programs – the good health of the recovering addict is as important as anything that they will get during rehab. That is why, most alcohol rehab programs consist of exercise, yoga, meditation, or nutritional counseling as an element of the recovery plan. When you enhance the body, the mind will follow is the idea behind these programs.
Alcohol rehab create a safer place for people who are addicted to alcohol